Reviews & Awards
“an exquisite, centuries-old national monument with enthralling views over Symi’s historic harbour. A painstaking restoration has delivered a quietly opulent boutique hotel offering the most luxurious lodgings to be had in Symi”.
"The Dodecanese islands, just off the Turkish coast, …are acquiring a new breed of luxurious boutique hotels, designed to complement local architecture…"
"Even more romantic (than Lindos) is the ravishing Island of Symi… a harmonious array of neoclassical mansions, painted matching ochre and terracotta shades, rise to all sides of its amphitheatre-like harbour; The exquisite Old Markets is a converted mansion overlooking the bay."
- The Guardian Insiders' guide to Greece The best place for … Boutique hotels
"The Old Markets - cradled by the neo-classical buildings of Symi’s harbour town – is an enchanting boutique hotel, lovingly converted and impeccably run."
- Judith Potts, Telegraph blogger and Travel Writer.
"Though there’s a smattering of well turned-out stays on Symi, The Old Markets takes the prize for its lofty, jewel-like spaces, layered with one-of-a-kind treasures."
- British Vogue.
• British Vogue.5 Lesser Known Greek Islands you can still visit this summer. 2021 Read
• Conde Nast. Hot List. Best new hotels 2012 Read
• Fodor's. Choice Award. Best hotels in the Dodecanese Read
• The Times. No.1 Best Greek Island. Hotels 2014 Read
• The Guardian. Insiders guide. Best boutique hotels in Greece Read
• The Telegraph. Telegraph Travel. Greek island retreats: four of the best (#1 ) Read